Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ticket to Bangalore

My sister came from Banglore to chennai to attend a marriage reception on 28th Jan. She asked me to get return ticket to Bangalore some 10 days ago, as usual i forget that, she arrived in chennai on jan 26. When she asked me abt the return ticket, i realised that i didnt get the ticket. I searched for the whole day at last i got the ticket form an agent called "Abirami Travels" in beseant nagar. He said the regular bus is full and the seats are available only in spl bus. I agreed that and got the tickets for 480 bugs (almost double the rate), He informed that we need board at Oasis Travels at T Nagar. I was relieved.
Sunday nite i reached the travels office 9.30, The regular bus is scheduled to to leave at 9.45 pm and the special bus at 10.30pm. The regular bus arrived only at 10.15 and departed at 10.30. The travels person informed us that the bus will come only by 11.00 Pm, There were around 45-50 persons waiting for the bus, i started to feel something fishy about that. At last a 36 seater bus came at 11.30. To our surprise, the travel agent said only those who have got ticket form him can board into the bus. 34 People boarded in that bus. Remaining people where waiting out side the bus. I had a argument with travels agent and secured a seat for my sister. One more seat was left out. One more ladies passenger was accommodated in the bus. Around 10-12 peoples where waiting outside with out seat. The agent convinced 2 of them to sit in drivers cabin. For the rest of the passengers he arranged car. Around 10 passengers where carried by a Tavera. By 12.00 pm, the bus started to move , i moved to my house.
My sister reached Bangalore only by 8.30 am next day morning. When i asked her the reason, she said, the bus they where traveling took them only up to housur, from housur they arranged a connecting bus.
Its a big lesson, here after i will not get ticket in any spl bus by private operator.

1 comment:

sita said...

Thiyagu yes i can understand what you went thru.
But the lesson is never do things in the last min.
I am glad that your sister reached Bangalore safely.