Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Who I am I?

My designation says that i am a programmer. But what actually i am doing?. Some one has already invented some software and iam doing all the works within the software, at times i work in different software's but still under a limit. I think i don't need an engineering graduation to this work. I graduated as an electrical and electronics engineer. I feel, Any one with good common sense can become an software engineer. That may be reason why IT companies recruit arts and science student. Once i completed my graduation i made an oath that i should not be an assembly worker. This is the reason why i quit my previous job and joined in IT company. But now i feel that still I am an assembly worker, only difference is the shopfloor.
The other question that always come in my mind is, we have very big IT companies like TCS, Infy, wipro etc. Every year these companies post a good profit margin, recruits thousands of worker,
but ,Why none on these companies come up with their own programming language?

6 comments:

ப்ரசன்னா said...

thiyagu, one simple answer to your question can be the saying "Do not reinvent the wheel".

So i think everyone things, why to reinvent the wheel, just learn how to use the wheel, so that you can be on the move.

Cheers

Thiyagarajan said...

Sir, I am not into reinventing wheel, but a different means of transport .i feel we cannot be satisfied by just driving the wheel, even a lay man can drive it. I agree that i still have to learn a lot in our technology, but still already some one has explored it and we are once again exploring it (some thing similar to reinventing the wheel).

sita said...

Thiaygu, IBM keeps increasing the softwares assets or upgrading their versions and still we need programmers to use the tool efficiently and drive smoothly to acheive the targeted results. If everyone invents it becomes difficult to use it and so only some invent and others use it to make it run smoothly

ப்ரசன்னா said...

//If everyone invents it becomes difficult to use it and so only some invent and others use it to make it run smoothly//

I agree totally with sita. If we go on inventing new wheels, then what is the use? Who is going to drive? If we have exhausted/mastered using the old wheels then we can talk about taking a new route. :))))

Thiyagarajan said...

Hello Madam, i agree with yours comment and Prasannas comment.

Bala Kothandaraman said...

I guess IMO another reason why we dont have a lot of new wheels is because people learned to compromise and adore other's inventions!