Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bachelors life log #1

In the year 2000 i came to chennai to do my engineering studies. Almost 7 years have gone(completed my BE degree in 2004), iam living away form my parents. Missing gr8 things in the life, but still enjoying many things.
In the past 7 years the major problem that i(we, including my room mates) faced is searching house. Most of the house owners are not ready to lend their house to bachelors. Even if they lend, we will have to pay more when compared to the rest of the tenants.
I have to travel almost 1.5 hours daily to reach my workplace, so i decided to shift my house some where near to my office. Through a middle man we searched for a house. We already informed him that we are bachelors.Last sunday the middle man called us informed about a house. Since my friend was not available , i alone went and visited the house, when i talked to the landlord, i agreed for a rent of 2500 and 10 months rent as advance. When he asked how many members in my family i said 6. The land lord said 6 persons cannot stay in that house since its a one bedroom house.
Then only i came to know that the middle man haven't said to the landlord we are bachelors.
Once again the house owner enquired how many of us are going to stay and what are our occupation. I said me and my friend only will occupy and both are working for an IT company.
The land lord think for a moment and he agreed for us but with one condition. The house rent is '3500' and the advance is 35000.
"Enna koduma sravanan ithu "

2 comments:

Linoy K George said...

Hi Thiyagu,
You are right bachelors have certain constrains, house searching is one of them.
For one reason we can be happy we are able to find house for at least 1000 bugs extra.
Trust in bachelors are reduced these days that is what the reason for all these stuffs, We can see it from Gas connection to internet connection.

Don't make these approaches if you become a house owner, or we can understand the exact reason behind these while we become an owner.

sita said...

only way is get married or else you have to go thru like what prakash raj and prithivi raj went thru in mozhi.
It will be challenging and you can write lot of interesting things about your house owner in your blog.
Goodluck with your house hunting....