Thursday, January 22, 2009

Adieu and Arrival and a Movie

For the past few weeks I have been quite busy. Several expected and unexpected events happened in my life.
As my father got retired from his service on May 2008 my parents moved to Tirunelveli. At last 23 years of life in Pudukkottai came to an end. A new place, new neighbors, new environment. I don’t know how they will adjust to this new environment. My Grandfather after his retirement from service left Nagapatinam, where he lived for 35+ years and settled in Palavoor. My father after retiring his retirement from service left Pudukkottai, Where he lived for 23+ years and settled in Tirunelveli. So What I will do?

Back in Bangalore, my assignment with the American Bank came to an end. Now I’m to a victim of Subprime crisis. The Bank wants to cut it its IT expenditure. So they reduced the team size. By Dec 31, 2008 my contract came to an end. The Resource Management Group of my organization asked me to go to Kochi. Since I don’t have any commitments I too agreed to work in Kochi Branch. From Jan 5, 2009 I’m working in Kochi and again for an America based financial institution. Work is pretty good here. Currently working on R7 and soon they are planning to move to R8. So I expect some good learning here. Initially I was afraid for the food in Kochi. But Inside the office the food is not a problem. I have fairly good choices (but the cost is more) and even outside the office I can manage.
Last week (Jan 15, 2009) when I was travelling to Tirunelveli, I happened to see the movie Jayamkondan (Vinay and Bhavana). The directory/story writer copied the story from the English movie “A Good Year” (Russell Crowe, I don’t remember the lead actress name). Previously our kollywood people only copy the successful/more visible English/other foreign language movies (example: Durai – Gladiator, Aanai – Transporter2 etc) . But these days the trend is getting changed. If the story can be adopted for Indian/Tamil audience then they take/steal it.

No comments: