Saturday, September 27, 2008

A small Comparison - Part II

A Small Comparison -Part I
Work Culture: In my current company, Except for one or two people, rest of the team leaves the office exactly at the scheduled logout time. Whereas at my previous company only one or two leaves at the scheduled logout time. The relationship with my manager is more professional/formal in my current organization. In my previous organization its more informal and bit personal. Even after quiting my previous company I still have contact with my managers.
Linguistic Split: At the time of leaving my previous organization, of the 25+ people only 2 were non Tamilians. In my current team Telugu speaking people forms the major part of the team followed by Tamil, Hindi and Kannada. People from groups based on the language they speak. The entire team looks bit polarized :(. Each group is further divided into sub groups.
If a team has 10 Telugu speaking people there will be a maximum of 3 groups, if a team has 10 Mallus, all the 10 will be of the same group. If a team has 10 Tamilians then there can be more than8 groups :). Tamil people lacks unity among them. People fight like kids in the team. I have never seen these kind of split in my previous company. It was only top management versus others :).

No comments: