Monday, April 21, 2008

Inflation

Its now my turn to talk abt inflation. In Bangalore Neither my office canteen nor the hotels that I eat haven't increased the price in the last 9-10 months, so I didn't have any big idea on the price rise. But last weekend I was in Chennai and I was totally shocked to see the price rise. When we are in Chennai, we used to eat in a small hotel, the food is of good quality and of reasonable price. When I was there last saturday,I saw a strange poster at the entrance of the hotel, justifying the price hike.
ItemDec 2007April 2008
Gas9001100
Ponni Raw Rice1521
Cooking Oil3865
Idly Rice1116
Maida1620
Wheat Flour1926

After reading this I was bit shocked. I have to thank the hotel owner for not increasing the price too much.
Also we went to Vasantha Bhavan namma vedu (vadpalani). We are charged 106 INR for 2 podi dosa , 2 coffee and 1 set curd vadai. I never expected this amount for what we ate. Govt must do some thing to control this .

No comments: