Wednesday, January 30, 2008

LotusSphere 2008

Several big heads have already written/discussed a lot about Lotussphere 2008. Since I work on Lotus Notes, I think I too can write some thing about it. Since I'm just a developer(others call me like that), I will write some thing that is directly related to the developers

1. Future of Lotus Notes:
"During the Lotusphere 2008 closing session, Lotus VP Marjorie Tenzer announced that Lotusphere will be right back here next January....and the January after that, and the January after that, and so on, and so on, with a contract through 2015." Got this details from Edbrils blog
Based on the VP's remark, I assume IBM will continue to support/enhance Lotus products for another 7 Years. So as a developer, I no need to worry about my career for at least next 7 years.

2. Project Atlantic:
IBM and SAP are in the process of developing a tool which can connect SAP and Lotus Notes. Imagine, if you can access the ERP data from SAP server on your email client, how cool the system would be. If such a tool hits the market, I'm sure that the demand for Lotus Notes developer would be high.
More Details

So fellow developers, don't loose your hope on Lotus Notes. Cheer up :-)

No comments: