Monday, December 24, 2007

Chennai Book Fair 2008

Chennai Book fair
Date ; 4th Jan 2008 to 17th Jan 2008
Venue ; St.George School, PH road (I'm not sure abt it. I think its the venue)
Starting from 2001, I'm a regular visitor/buyer in this event. When ever I enter the exhibition hall my mind is filled with some sort of Joy. During my college days every month I save some amount of money to buy books (It never crossed 300Rs). In those days I primarily buy books which are use full for my studies and some Tamil Poems( The last Tamil poetry book that I have bought was vanavil poonga by pa.vijay after that I haven't got any Tamil poetry book). When I started to work, my mindset slowely got changed. For the last 2 years I have bought books in various discipline. Last year I got the complete set of Arthamulla Indumatham , Idlyaia Erungal, Some English Fiction (I think its Windmill of God), Understanding the Enterprise SOA (sami sathiyama ethuvarikkum naan SOA/Webservicesla workpanninathu ella), Ajax in Action. Books that I couldn't buy wereBalakumaran's udiayar since it was too costly(I normally buy the entire set, I don't like buying volume by volume) and Kadal pura of sandilyan (Out of stock).
I have big list for this year. But This year I'm in Bangalore, I don't know how I go there. Next weekend we have team outing so i can't. Next Next week, I have to go to my home town for Pongal. Now its the time for me decide, either Team Outing or Chennai Book Fair?

2 comments:

ப்ரசன்னா said...

Chennai Book fair. When you come here you already have a company in me for book fair. i am another regular visitor for the past 4 years. I already bought all volumes of udaiyar.:)

gundumama said...

CBF again :D
I'm going there on 12 Jan