Monday, December 3, 2007

Pongal

Yesterday I was bit lucky. At the Hotel Pongal, I got a table immediately. Its a fairly small hotel. This Hotel is one of the most important eat outs for me in Bangalore. I really love the food they serve there. They server authentic Tamil foods here and the service is fairly good.
If you are in Bangalore and if you want to taste tamilnadu Idly(?) you can go there.
Yesterday I had 3 Idlys, 1 podi dosa and 1 parotta for just 38 INR. This is really cheap and the quality was good. Some times back a hotel at Jeevan bheema nagar charged me 50 INR for 1 addai and that to with out avaiyal.
The parotta was too soft. Normally i have eaten such soft parotta's only in nov-veg hotels ( read it as Munniyandi vilas). Podi dosa was also good, but the chef used too much oil to make it crisp. Idly's with tomato chutney was a killing combination.

The problem with this hotel is the Hand wash area is not closed. When we are eating we could see others washing their hands, which makes me uncomfortable to continue. Also the wash area is too small, people have to stand in queue. There is no parking area.

Location ; Outer ring road, Next to innovative Multiplex, Marthahali

No comments: