Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Last Testament

Writer Sam Bourne can take a session on "How to Spoil a good theme with a bad screenplay". He has taken a good ( or Most controversial) subject for this work. Normally I don't comment/write any thing about the English/Tamil fictions that I read. But this book made to write. On seeing the title, I thought it will be like another DaVinci code, taking us to past.
I personally feel the author needs to improve his skills while narrating an town/area or incident (Even I too lack that, I cant bring up the words here to whats actually in my mind). When I was reading Angels and Demon I could cleary get the picture of the particle accelerator of Cren , In Windmills of God, I can image how Romania will look like and how the American embassy will be there. But in this book I couldn't get a image of either Israel/Palestine or the Clay tablet.
After reading the first 2 chapters, I could guess what the will could be. Normally I will not take more than 5-6 hrs to complete a English Fiction, but I took more than 16 hrs to read this book. Not because of its size but interest level.
My Personal opinion is don't get this book even at 90% discount. My lesson from this book is never trust the newspaper reviews that are printed on the book.

No comments: